| This article is under the scope of the Episode Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|Season 3, Episode 7|
|Premiere date:|| November 7, 2011 (USA)
July 26, 2012 (UK)
|Directed by:||Mike Roth|
"Cool Bikes" is the seventh episode of season three (and forty-seventh episode overall) of Regular Show. It first aired on November 7, 2011. It received 1.833 million views, making it the least viewed season three episode.
Mordecai and Rigby are put on trial by a galactic court for being too cool.
After taking a high-end cart for a joyride, Benson takes the cart away from Mordecai and Rigby and replaces it with two manual bikes. After Mordecai and Rigby realize that Benson took the cart away, they make a deal with him that if Benson admits they're cool he has to give the cart back. So they first re-design the bikes and go to a clothing store named Das Coolest to get cool clothing to show Benson that they are cool.
After a montage of them getting new clothes and Benson saying that they're not cool, people circle around Rigby, Mordecai, and Benson. Benson says again that they are not cool. Then Mordecai says they don't care what he says. After he says that, Mordecai and Rigby are placed under arrest for being too cool. Then they are taken to a space shuttle that highly resembles the death star and has sun glasses.
They are suddenly in court and held on trial. The opposite lawyer first brings out Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost and asks if Mordecai and Rigby are cool and then he says no but now they are. After that the lawyer brings out the Das Coolest worker and he says they were the lamest guys he'd ever met until they got the clothes and became cool. Right before the two were trialed guilty, they told Gary to bring Benson in as a witness. He comes to the stand and finally states that they're cool. That makes the judge say that the two are guilty and punishment is death. So Benson helps out Mordecai and Rigby escape.
Right before they leave Mordecai throws the bikes at a part of the ship and right when they leave the whole ship explodes and they make it back to earth. Afterwards, Mordecai asks Benson if they can have the cart back, and he says no.
- Muscle Man
- Hi Five Ghost
- Broseph Chillaxton
- Cool Prosecutor
- Das Coolest Employee
- Cool Court Reporter
- Cool Cops
- Stenographer Woman
- Dude (cameo)
- Cheezer's Cashier (cameo)
- The basketball shoes Mordecai and Rigby wore in "Slam Dunk" make a reappearance in this episode.
- Despite Benson still refusing to give Mordecai and Rigby the cart back at the end, they are shown driving the cart again in other episodes. It is possible that Benson had eventually changed his mind about not giving them back the cart.
- When Mordecai, Rigby, and Benson leave the Cool Court's ship, it explodes, with Gary still inside it. This supposedly means that Gary died along with the people at the court, but Gary is mistakenly seen later in other episodes.
Pop Culture References
- The shot of the teleporter back to Earth is a visual homage to the film They Live.
- The appearance and explosion of the Cool Court's ship parodies that of the Death Star from Star Wars.