|"Donut Factory Holiday"|
|Season 7, Episode 20|
|Premiere date:|| March 12, 2016 (TV)
February 6, 2016 (Cartoon Network app)
"Donut Factory Holiday" is the twentieth episode of Season 7 of Regular Show (and two hundred and first overall overall) It was first made available on The Cartoon Network app on February 6, 2016, and it aired on TV on March 12, 2016.
The guys have to return their favorite terrible movie to the VHS rental store, while also dealing with a problem with Rigby's arm.
The episode starts off with the guys watching a movie called "Donut Factory Holiday" which they consider the "best worst movie ever". Benson comes in, exasperated, asking them why would they want to watch such a terrible movie over and over again, to which they reply "it's the best worst movie, that's what makes it funny". The movie does appear to be of very poor quality, no planning and a low budget. Once the movie is over, fives reminds them that they have only half hour left to return the tape, and Rigby thinks that's plenty of time, however discovers that the tape is stuck. After many futile attempts, and Skips refusing to help, Rigby decided to put his hand inside and pull the tape out, only to discover that his hand is now stuck in the VCR, too. Muscle Man throws him across the room in an attempt to free the tape, only to injure Rigby.
They take him to the coffee shop where Eileen attempts to free him with butter but in vain. Muscle Man prepares to "go nuclear" but Mordecai says it would be better to go to the VCR repair shop. The guy working there, Lazy Dave, keeps irritating Mordecai, asking about his mom, to which he says "she's incredibly married". Dave attempts to pop the front face of the VCR, but the screwdriver breaks. Muscle Man says he found a loophole in the contract, and that they must all trust him on this one.
They go to the VCR shop, where Muscle Man believes there is no mention of the tape being returned in watchable condition, but however the clerk angrily retorts by saying it's the first line of the contract, and does the contract which contains only one line - "I will return the tape in watchable condition". He reaches for his arm removal shears, but by then the guys take off. The clerk calls the shop's tape retrieval bounty hunter. The bounty hunter chases them, in attempts to retrieve the tape by shooting it, realizes it's of special quality, and then throws a grenade, which Rigby deflects with the VCR. The hunter is thrown of the bike into a dumpster truck. The gang, unwary of their path, crash into a tree and the VCR detaches from Rigby's arm and hits the walls crumbling instantly. Mordecai laments saying there is no way the tape would've survived that, but Muscle Man finds that the tape is still in Rigby's hand.
They rent a cab and to the store and return the tape, after which Rigby finds DFH 2, which they decide to rent. However, once Rigby tries to pop the tape into the VCR, he realizes they destroyed it.
- Muscle Man
- Hi Five Ghost
- VHS Store Clerk
- Tape Hunter
- Lazy Dave
- Donut President
- Recycling Guy
- It was first set to air on December 4, 2015, but was pulled.
- Lazy Dave , the guy at the VCR repair shop used to date Mordecai's mom.
Pop Culture Reference Edit
- During the showdown with VHS Hunter, Rigby shouts "Stay on target!". This is a direct reference to Y-Wing pilot Davish Krail's infamous order during the Death Star run in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- Benson's apparently misunderstood album, "...And Benson For All", is a possible reference to Metallica's "...And Justice For All"
- "Reduce, reuse, re-est in peace" is a possible reference to the the viral clip "Garbage Day" from Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2.
- Throwing donuts at the screen may be a parallel to the famous "bad movie", The Room, in which audience members throw spoons at the screen.
- During the scene where Rigby says his one-liner, his right hand which was stuck in the VCR was shown to be out of it.
- Fives says the time is 4:30 but the VCR says it's 12:00.