| This article is under the scope of the Character Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|Future Mordecai and Future Rigby|
|Species:||Blue Jay and Raccoon|
|Relatives:||Same as normal Mordecai and Rigby|
|Voiced by:|| J.G. Quintel (Mordecai)|
William Salyers (Rigby)
|First appearance:||"Mordecai and the Rigbys"|
|Latest appearance:||"Bad Kiss"|
Future Mordecai and Future Rigby are Mordecai and Rigby's future counterparts that were introduced in "Mordecai and the Rigbys". In the future, they're successful musicians and have all the things they ever wanted, where Future Rigby had a tattoo of a shark on his armpit and it was implied Future Mordecai scored with Future Margaret. They also pretended they had British accents (even though the present Mordecai and Rigby's voices were American), and rarely took off their sunglasses, as "their future was so bright."
They were summoned to the present by Mordecai and Rigby when Mordecai spilled a can of soda on some record players that somehow sent the future selves to the present. They taught Mordecai and Rigby everything on how to be musicians except for the part on how to be skilled musically. On open-mic night, they were miraculously wonderful, singing the song Party Tonight, until Mordecai dropped his guitar pick and discovered that the guitar music and the lyrics he was singing were coming from a radio playing a CD of Party Tonight.
Mordecai refused to let that happen, and their future selves began to disappear, revealing that the only reason they were successful was because of their lip-syncing. Mordecai and Rigby officially broke up the band, causing their future selves to explode after Mordecai rips the band t-shirts. It is implied that another pair of future duplicates were created by the future that they chose, which (by Mordecai's fault), chose to tear up the band shirt, in House Rules a future Mordecai now fat with a white beard and hair appears.
- Shown when Future Mordecai sings on a track so Mordecai and Rigby can lip-synch, Future Mordecai can sing with a non-British accent.
- For some reason, all the brown fur on Rigby's tail has been shaved off, leaving excess skin on Rigby's tail (probably to look cool).
- Future Mordecai and Rigby are the first characters to have an effect on present Mordecai and Rigby's future. The second character to do this was the Night Owl even though they're not the same ones from this episode.
- They are somewhat similar to The Beatles, by their British accent, and type of music they play.
- These versions of Mordecai and Rigby are the only time they can be considered antagonists instead of the main characters.
- It is shown that Future Rigby has a tattoo of a shark on his armpit. It is possible that Future Mordecai has one.
- They make a cameo in "Bad Kiss" and they are also the reason "Morning Mordecai" did not trust Present Mordecai and Rigby.
- Their style is similar to the British band to Kasabian, The Stone Roses, Muse, Suede or Oasis.
- Future Mordecai and Future Rigby were not revived by Garrett Bobby Ferguson Jr. in Exit 9B.