| This article is under the scope of the Character Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|Voiced by:||Robin Atkin Downes|
|First appearance:||"Free Cake"|
|Latest appearance:||"A Regular Epic Final Battle Part 2"|
Gary, formerly known as Gareth, is the messenger for the Guardians of Eternal Youth and the King of the planet Synthos.
200 years ago, Gary was the king of his planet Synthos, but he decided to leave to travel to the galaxy before returning. His half brother David took over the throne and made everything strict and banned "changeling" music like discord music. When he came back to life he heard what David had done and defeated him in a music battle. However, he announce that for now on, Synthos will have no ruler but let the music guide them for life. He owns an El Camino, which can fly, and travels through a wormhole of some kind to reach the floating oasis where the Guardians of Eternal Youth live. He also has stars for eyes. He went to high school with Skips and The Guardians of Eternal Youth. Gary's first appearance is in the episode, "Free Cake", in which he appears to condemn Skips to death after he didn't complete the ritual of youth dance. Skips is a friend of Gary's, since he said: "Gary, you don't have to do this!" He was seen competing against Skips at bowling in "Skips Strikes," along with other minor characters from Seasons 1 and 2. He was on a bowling team called "Magical Elements". In "Cool Bikes," he appears to be friends with Mordecai and Rigby, acting as their lawyer. When the Cool Courthouse explodes, he is seen escaping in his El Camino. He appears in the Season 4 premiere, "Exit 9B", assisting Skips and the others with his El Camino after Skips whistles for them. After Mordecai and Rigby obtain Benson's signature, Gary later returns in his El Camino with the others riding along. After Thomas gets knocked down by Garrett Bobby Ferguson, Jr., Gary rushes with the El Camino to save him. When the portal is returning everything to normal, he's seen dodging obstacles. After that, he doesn't appear just like the other minor characters, but can be presumed returning to his location.
Minor (or Mentioned) Appearances
- "Terror Tales of the Park III" (cameo)
Overall: 12 Appearances
He appears to be their friends, as shown in the episode "Cool Bikes", where he defends them in court. However, in "Skips Strikes," he acts as their rival, being one of the members of the opposing bowling team.
The Magical Elements is the bowling team that he is on.
David is Gary's half brother. When he heard how strict David is as the ruler of Synthos, he decided to duel him in a music battle. Gary managed to defeat David and his physical form was destroyed along with his disk that can retrieved him. Gary doesn't seem bothered for that fact that his half brother is dead because of how David always wants music to go his way.
- Gary has appeared as both a protagonist and antagonist.
- He holds the record for having had speaking roles in the most episodes as a minor character, and is in more episodes than any other minor character except Dude.
- "Exit 9B" is his least speaking role, as his only line was "Thomas!," though it was hardly heard.
- He bears a strong resemblance to David Bowie.
- In the episode Cool Bikes, it is shown that Gary survived the explosion because he is driving home when it happens.
- In Skips' Story, it is shown that he went to the same high school as Skips and The Guardians of Eternal Youth.
- In the episode Skips in the Saddle, it is revealed that Gary likes to go to a club called the Shark Tank.
- He also seems to be accustomed to dating, seeing as the ladies were impressed by everything he said and did.