| This article is under the scope of the Actor Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|Full name:||Walter Alexis Lang|
|Birth date:||November 12, 1965|
|Birth place:||Hollywood, California|
|Occupation:|| Voice actor|
|Education:|| Scottsdale Community College|
Arizona State University
The Musicians Institute
|Spouse(s):||Sandy Fox (m. since 2004)|
Walter Alexis Lang, better known as Lex Lang, (born November 12, 1965) is an Emmy award-winning American voice actor, director, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, musician, producer, voice director, environmentalist and former model for Regular Show.
Walter Alexis Lang was born in Hollywood, California before moving to Scottsdale, Arizona at 5 years old. He started performing at talent shows at 7 and hosted his own radio show two years later. During school he acted in theater, playing leading roles in productions of Of Mice and Men and Cinderella. He then became the master of ceremonies at a national comedy competition at 11. He also served as a clothing model for a catalog and acted for the Royal London Shakespeare Theatre Company and won awards for his theater acting.
He attended college at Scottsdale Community College, majoring in Theatre. He further continued his education at the Arizona State University, once again majoring in Theatre. He then attended The Musicians Institute, majoring in Guitar playing. While in college he performed stand-up comedy, doing impressions at various venues, performing alongside Jim Carrey and David Spade. He later moved back to his hometown Hollywood in 1989 to study music at The Musician's Institute and begin an acting career.
He got his start in voice acting providing the voices of background characters on Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. He has provided the voices for such characters as Hundley in Curious George, WarGreymon in Digimon, Han Solo in the Star Wars video game series and Dr. Neo Cortex in the video game series Crash Bandicoot. His voice acting aliases include Brandon Jones and Alex Lang. His voice acting agency is AVO Talent. He also served as voice director on the anime The Twelve Kingdoms. He is a two-time Emmy Award winner, earned the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts in the category "Excellence in Voice Acting" and received the Outstanding Voice Actor award from the American College Theatre Festival.
Music and activism
In addition to acting he has also released his own CD, LeXLang, in 2001. Lang also owns two companies, serving as a producer and director at Lex Lang Unlimited since 1994, serves as President for H20m Water with Intention since 2005 and is a co-founder for Love Planet Records. Lang's hobbies include playing guitar, the bass, piano and poker. His favorite color is blue. He also knows how to speak French. Lang is also an advocate for the environment, promoting green living, positive thinking, children's education and planet preservation.
This section may be incomplete
- "Every Meat Burritos" - Barry, Police Officer #2
- Wikipedia article on Lex Lang
- Lex Lang's official website
- Lex Lang's Facebook
- Lex Lang's Myspace
- Lex Lang's Twitter
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://voicechasers.com/database/showactor.php?actorid=1198
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 http://www.lexlang.com/The_Official_Lex_Lang_Website/About.html
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Lex-Lang/
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 http://www.tv.com/people/lex-lang/biography/
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 https://www.linkedin.com/pub/lex-lang/8/30a/163
- ↑ http://www.crashmania.net/interview/lex-lang/
- ↑ http://myanimelist.net/people/180/Lex_Lang
- ↑ http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com/guests/guestsDetail.php?LEX-475
- ↑ http://voicechasers.com/database/showactor.php?actorid=1198&tab=voicedirection
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1143
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1133
- ↑ https://twitter.com/LexLang