Based upon Mad Magazine, each episode is a collection of short animated parodies of television shows, movies, games, celebrities and other media using various types of animation. The series premiered on September 6, 2010, the same day "The Power" aired.
List of Spoofs of Regular ShowEdit
- In "The Straight A-Team / Gaming's Next Top Princess" Zach Galifianakis turns into Benson's face in the sketch "Celebrities Without Their Makeup."
- In the episode "Pokémon Park / WWER", Gyarados makes the same sound Giant Susan made in the episode "Benson Be Gone". This is why "Benson Be Gone" aired on Cartoon Network's former week-long block "Cartoon Network Gone MAD", which led to the matching episode after that aired.
- In the episode "The Social Netjerk / Smallville: Turn Off the Clark" Mordecai and Rigby are seen, and Mordecai explains that it's their time in a couple of minutes, which is a reference to how Regular Show used to come on after MAD. Mordecai then punches Sean Parker and he and Rigby shouts their catchphrase "OOOH!" Also, Mordecai notes that he and Rigby aren't funny, which may be a joke on how some believe MAD is Regular Show's rival/enemy.
- In the episode, "Ko-Bee Movie / Law & Ogre", RS appears as one of the things in the things the man is reading about in his magazine in the short, "The Underwaker". AT and M also appear, standing for Adventure Time and MAD.
- In the episode, "RiOa / Thomas the Unstoppable Tank Engine", Mordecai and Rigby were shown in the park when a Green Lantern ring fell down near them. They both shouted "OOOOOH!", and then Mordecai put it on and flew away into the sky with it. Rigby then said it probably takes one person at a time and his ring will come soon. Back up where Mordecai flew to, Blu from the movie "Rio" turned Mordecai (along with everyone else) green and was ordering them to destroy some villains, and while doing so Mordecai punched Marcel and said "Hmm-hmm". At the episode's 5-second cartoon, it viewed Rigby still waiting for his ring.
- In the episode, "TransBOREmores 3: Dark of the Blue Moon / The Walking Fred", in the sketch "Angry Bird Management" an angry bird named DeSean appears, and he has a pointed head similar to Mordecai.
- In the episode, "I Am Lorax / Modern Family Circus", Mordecai and Rigby make cameos as zombies.
- In the episode, "The Perks of Being a Wallcrawler / Regular Shogun Warriors", the show gets spoofed along with Shogun Warriors.
- MAD also spoofed other Cartoon Network television shows like Adventure Time, with their sketch, "Avenger Time".
- They also spoofed The Looney Tunes Show with their episode "RiOa / Thomas the Unstoppable Tank Engine" when a Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote short was shown, but it wasn't in the LTS' normal CG and in HOPS / Naru210 when Bugs Bunny was shown at the cul-de-sac. Also the sketch, "Meep! My Dad Says" was another spoof with the Road Runner. And in the sketch, "Spewwing Bee" Elmer Fudd was the judge saying That's cowwect., then laughs, and in "Not a Fan a Montana", Miley puts Bieber food on a road and Justin Bieber stops and eats it and says,"Meep-Meep!" like the Road Runner does before he runs away.
- They spoofed a live action Cartoon Network show as well called Hole in the Wall, also in "RiOa / Thomas the Unstoppable Tank Engine", where they had a sketch called "Hole in the Great Wall".
- Another Cartoon Network show, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien was spoofed that same day "Prank Callers" aired.
- MAD bleeps out bad words besides "crap", but Regular Show has words like "pissed" uncensored.
- MAD and Regular Show both premiered on the same date, September 6, 2010.
- In "Regular Shogun Warriors", instead of being grey and pink, Moredcai and Rigby are greenish aqua and purple. Also, Rigby has his rings around his eyes, unlike "The Social Netjerk","RiOa" and "I Am Lorax".