|Occupation:||Coffee Shop Waitress|
|Relatives:|| John (cousin) |
Frank Smith (father)
|Voiced by:||Janie Haddad|
|First appearance:||"Caffeinated Concert Tickets"|
|Latest appearance:||"The Thanksgiving Special(mentioned)"|
Margaret Smith is one of the main characters in Regular Show. Margaret is a female Robin who works as a waitress in the Coffee Shop, with her best friend Eileen, across the street from The Park. Mordecai has a huge crush on her, and frequently finds excuses to go to the coffee shop to see her. Margaret seems to have a crush on Mordecai too, and is proven in "Meteor Moves", and other episodes. It was mentioned in "Family BBQ" that her last name is Smith. Margaret made her debut in "Caffeinated Concert Tickets". Margaret is voiced by Janie Haddad.
Margaret is a 22 year old Robin. Her feathers are red and white in color; her beak is curved. She has brownish spots on the sides of her head, which are comma shaped, and a curved hairstyle. When she isn't working, she usually wears jeans and yellow shirts except in "Caffeinated Concert Tickets" and "The Longest weekend". She is possibly as tall as Skips.
Her personality can be described as a kind-hearted, caring, and down-to-earth woman. She's only ever gotten mad twice at Mordecai in "Butt Dial" because he tried to remove the embarrassing voicemail by hacking into her phone but once she heard the voicemail she ended up saving it as her ringtone and forgave Mordecai for taking her phone, and in "Do or Diaper" when she found that her "date" with Mordecai was only a bet. She later half-forgives him since she bypasses him and saids, "Have a nice week, diaper boy." sadistically, and playfully.
Mordecai is a good friend of Margaret. From Seasons 1 and 2, their friendship was constantly improving until season 3 and 4, where they developed a more close/romantic relationship.
In "Yes, Dude, Yes", Mordecai was upset when he thought Margaret was engaged with John, who was her cousin. But in the end, Mordecai then understood that John was her cousin, not her fiance. He asked Margaret to the movies, forgotton he already asked C.J. In the end, Margaret showed some signs, she was jealous of Mordecai when he started hanging out with C.J.
In "TGI Tuesday", Margaret showed some signs that she may have feelings for Mordecai. By being embarssed when she made an mistake of her words while she was talking to Mordecai on the phone. After at Margaret's party, Mordecai and Margaret slow dance.
In "Picking Up Margaret", Margaret said herself that she can always trust him, and that he is always there for her, something she can't say about her other friends. Then at the end, they kiss, which leaves Mordecai dumbfounded and then overjoyed.
In "Meteor Moves", Mordecai planned to kiss Margaret at Makeout Mountain. Mordecai tried to be alone with her, but Rigby and Eileen get in the way, so Mordecai told Rigby to take him and Eileen on top of the hill so Mordecai can be alone with Margaret. During Mordecai and Margaret's conversation, Margaret tells Mordecai the reason why she doesn't want to leave to college, it's because she would miss Mordecai. After that, Mordecai proceeds to kiss her, but the meteor shower starts, and pulls Mordecai and Margaret into "The Friend Zone". Mordecai tells the Guardian of the Friend Zone that he wanted to kiss Margaret for so long and the Guardian gives him an another chance, then Mordecai showed his true feelings to Margaret, and he kisses her, and Guardian pronounced them "out of the friend zone". In the end, Mordecai and Margaret are holding hands.
In the end of "Steak Me Amadeus", Mordecai asked Margaret to be his girlfriend, but then Margaret told him that she got accepted to the college she had dreamed to be in and she declined Mordecai's question and she left the restaurant crying and leaving Mordecai heartbroken.
Margaret rarely interacts directly to Rigby, but in "It's Time", Rigby makes Margaret laugh, and almost manages to go to a movie with her, although this was just an attempt to make Mordecai admit he was jealous. Then when Father Time reset time to earlier that day, the whole thing never happened. Overall Margaret is good friends with Rigby as his best friend is Mordecai.
Margaret and Eileen are best friends the way Mordecai and Rigby are. She is close to Eileen and does solids for her all the time in Do Me A Soild. They also work at the coffee shop together. Eileen even watered Margaret's flowers in "Diary".
Margaret does not seem to interact much with Pops, but in "Butt Dial", she tells him to get her cell phone. She initially found Pops weird as he referred to her cell phone as the one where Mordecai and Rigby got sucked into, when in fact that was literally what happened.
Margaret has only ever interacted with Muscle Man once in "Do Me a Solid" when Eileen, Margaret, and uninvited Muscle Man were having Ice Cream Sandwiches at Mordecai and Rigby's house. Muscle Man said, "Hey ladies, look at what else I can do with my Ice Cream Sandwich!" Disgusted, Margaret tells Mordecai from the other room that she plans on going soon.
The two started interacting with each other in The Longest Weekend, and they seem to be good friends. Margaret also shows that she doesn't have much patience for Starla's obsession with Muscle Man seen in the same episode. She, along with Eileen, helped comfort Starla when she was upset that Muscle Man didn't call, text, or email her.
Angel formerly had a relationship with Margaret during the end of "Mordecai and the Rigbys". This was before Margaret knew Mordecai had a crush on her.
Slasher was formerly Margret's boyfriend, appearing in the episode "Caffeinated Concert Tickets". She got mad at him when he made fun of Mordecai and was presumed to have broken up eventually.
Chad was a burly guy who was invited by Margaret to have dinner with her, Eileen and her date during the episode Cruisin' . The girls brought them along to raise the stakes and further intimidate Mordecai and Rigby on their bet on whether or not they can get girls' phone numbers.
Margaret doesn't see CJ until almost at the end of "Yes Dude Yes". She gets jealous after she found out Mordecai started seeing CJ.
She is first mentioned in "Picking Up Margaret" her level of friendship with Margaret is yet to be revealed.
Frank Smith (Margaret's Dad)
Margaret has a close relationship with her father. In "Do Me a Solid", she mentions that her father used to bring her to play mini golf when she was a child and her phone password is 'Daddy's Girl' as seen in "Butt Dial". In "Diary", she says she "can only take her parents for so long". Margaret spent her Christmas with her parents.
John is Margaret's cousin. They seem to be close as she was happy when he got a new leg. Unfortunately for Mordecai he thought John was Margaret's new boyfriend and she was engaged to him.
- "Caffeinated Concert Tickets" (First Appearence)
- "Mordecai and the Rigbys"
- "It's Time"
- "High Score"
- "Do Me a Solid"
- "Camping Can Be Cool"
- "Butt Dial"
- "Yes Dude Yes"
- "Access Denied"
- "Death Bear"
- "Bad Kiss"
- "Terror Tales of the Park II"
- "TGI Tuesday"
- "The Longest Weekend"
- "Do or Diaper"
- "Picking Up Margaret"
- "Meteor Moves"
- "Family BBQ"
- "Steak Me Amadeus"
Minor or Mentioned
- "Meat Your Maker"
- "The Unicorns Have Got to Go"
- "Brain Eraser"
- "A Bunch of Baby Ducks"
- "First Day" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Bet to Be Blonde"
- "Slam Dunk"
- "House Rules"
- "Rap It Up" (mentioned)
- "Weekend at Benson's" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Gut Model" (mentioned)
- "Replaced" (voice only)
- "Trash Boat" (mentioned)
- "Pie Contest"
- "Bald Spot"
- "The Christmas Special" (mentioned)
- "Ace Balthazar Lives"
- "Carter and Briggs" (non-speaking cameo)
- "Sleep Fighter" (mentioned)
- "Laundry Woes"
- "Survival Skills" (non-speaking cameo)
- "The Thanksgiving Special" (mentioned)
Overall: 45 Appearances
- Margaret's Boss ("House Rules")
- Margaret's Giant Boyfriend ("Brain Eraser")
- Margaret's Diary ("Diary")
- Even though she is introduced in "Caffeinated Concert Tickets ", Mordecai seems to already know her; it is currently unknown when he met her though.
- In "Camping Can Be Cool ", Margaret mentions that she attends a college in the City and also plans to quit her job at the Coffee Shop as soon as she graduates.
- In the same episode, she also mentions that she hasn't had a boyfriend for a while. The last time she has had a boyfriend was in "Mordecai and the Rigbys", although in "Do Me a Solid " she mentioned that she was seeing someone.
- Margaret's car strongly resembles a three door Renault Clio MK1
- In "Cruisin'", "Bald Spot ", and "Steak Me Amadeus", she wears the same outfit from "Do Me a Solid ".
- In the beginning of "Do or Diaper ", she wears the same outfit from "TGI Tuesday ".
- From the picture in "Diary", she was wearing the same outfit from "It's Time".
- In "Carter and Briggs", she wears the same outfit from "Picking Up Margaret".
- In "Meteor Moves", she wears the same outfit from "Death Bear".
- Benson refers to her as "the coffee girl" in "Yes Dude Yes ".
- Margaret is shown to be a fan of adventure movies as seen in the beginning of "Death Bear ".
- In "Pie Contest ", it's revealed that she is horrible at baking pies. Mordecai even states that Margaret's was the worst pie he had ever eaten.
- In "TGI Tuesday ", Margaret blushes and hugs Mordecai's chest giving evidence that Margaret likes Mordecai back.
- In the same episode, it's revealed that she can speak Spanish.
- Despite being a Robin, Margaret more closely resembles a Cardinal.
- Though it could be argued that her feathers are red like a Male cardinals, while Females are pale brown.
- Margaret and Mordecai kiss four times in the series so far, the episodes were "Bad Kiss" (only in the beginning), "Picking Up Margaret", "Meteor Moves", and in "Steak Me Amadeus".
- A toy version of Margaret reveals that she is 22 years old.
- It is shown that she likes Fist Pump.
- Like Mordecai, Margaret also sports teeth depsite both of them being birds.
- Margaret always has clothes on, there have only been 2 times that this has not happened, Terror Tales of the Park II and an early image of Regular Show with Mordecai and Rigby playing Rock, Paper, Scissors.
- Additionally, Margaret was originally intended to not wear clothes regularly, much like Mordecai and Rigby. This was later changed during her development.
- It's revealed in "Family BBQ" that her last name is Smith.
The gallery for Margaret can be found here.
Main Characters of Regular Show