| This article is under the scope of the Character Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|Occupation:|| Coffee Shop Waitress (formerly)
|Species:|| ½ Robin (mother's side) |
½ Human (father's side)
|Relatives:|| John (cousin) |
Frank Smith (father)
|Voiced by:||Janie Haddad|
|First appearance:||"Caffeinated Concert Tickets"|
|Latest appearance:|| "Survival Skills (actual)
I Like You...Hi(mentioned)"
Margaret Smith was one of the main characters in Regular Show. Margaret is a female robin who formerly worked as a waitress at the Coffee Shop, with her best friend Eileen, across the street from The Park. Margaret made her debut in "Caffeinated Concert Tickets." Mordecai had a huge crush on her, and frequently found excuses to go to the coffee shop to see her. Margaret seemed to have a crush on Mordecai too, and it was proven in "Meteor Moves ", and other episodes. It was mentioned in "Family BBQ " that her last name is Smith. Margaret is voiced by Janie Haddad.
Margaret is a 22 year old robin. Her feathers are red and white in color; her beak is curved. She has brownish spots on the sides of her head, which are comma shaped, and a curved hairstyle. When she isn't working, she usually wears jeans and yellow shirts except in "Caffeinated Concert Tickets" and ""The Longest Weekend". She may be as tall as Skips.
Her personality can be described as a kind-hearted, caring, and overall a down-to-earth woman. She's only ever gotten mad twice at Mordecai. In "Butt Dial", she got mad because he tried to remove the embarrassing voicemail by hacking into her phone, but once she heard the voicemail, she ended up saving it as her ringtone and forgave Mordecai for taking her phone. She got mad at him once again in "Do or Diaper" when she found that her "date" with Mordecai was only a bet. She later half-forgives him since she bypasses him and said, "Have a nice week, diaper boy." sadistically, and playfully. Margaret can also be shown to be passionate of her dream college in the City, but can easily be nervous when it comes to leaving Mordecai. In various episodes, it is mentioned that she has been working hard in school, meaning she really cares about her career. In Steak Me Amadeus her emotion changes from heart-warmed to bursting into tears, after telling Mordecai that she cannot be his girlfriend. Shortly after, she runs out of the resturant devastated.
Mordecai was a good friend of Margaret. From Seasons 1 and 2, their friendship was constantly improving until season 3 and 4, where they developed a more close/romantic relationship.
In "Yes, Dude, Yes", Mordecai was upset when he thought Margaret was engaged with John, who was her cousin. But in the end, Mordecai then understood that John was her cousin, not her fiance. He then asked Margaret to the movies, forgetting that he had already asked C.J. In the end, Margaret showed some signs of jealousy, and crushing on Mordecai back, mainly because Mordecai hung out with CJ.
In "TGI Tuesday", Margaret showed some signs that she may have feelings for Mordecai as well. She answered excitedly when Mordecai asked if she wanted to hang out with him, and she immediately blushed afterwards. She was also embarrassed when she made a mess of her words while she was talking to Mordecai on the phone. Afterwards, at Margaret's party, Mordecai and Margaret slow dance, and Margaret lays her head on his chest.
In "Picking Up Margaret", Margaret said herself that she can always trust him, and that he is always there for her, something she can't say about her other friends. Then at the end, they kiss, which leaves Mordecai dumbfounded and then overjoyed.
In "Meteor Moves", Mordecai planned to kiss Margaret at Makeout Mountain. Mordecai tried to be alone with her, but Rigby and Eileen get in the way, so Mordecai ends up telling Rigby to go somewhere else on the mountain with Eileen so that he can be alone with Margaret. During Mordecai and Margaret's conversation, Margaret tells Mordecai that the reason she doesn't want to leave for college is because she would miss him. After that, Mordecai proceeds to kiss her, but the meteor shower starts, and pulls Mordecai and Margaret into "The Friend Zone". Mordecai tells the Guardian of the Friend Zone that he has wanted to kiss Margaret for a long time, and the Guardian gives him another chance. Mordecai then shows his true feelings to Margaret, and he kisses her, to which the Guardian pronounced them "out of the friend zone". In the end, Mordecai and Margaret are holding hands.
In the end of "Steak Me Amadeus", Mordecai asked Margaret to be his girlfriend, but then Margaret told him that she had gotten accepted into her dream college. She declined Mordecai's question and left the restaurant crying, leaving Mordecai heartbroken.
Margaret rarely interacted directly to Rigby, with the exception of "It's Time", Rigby makes Margaret laugh, and almost manages to go to a movie with her, although this was just an attempt to make Mordecai admit he was jealous. Overall, Margaret was good friends with Rigby.
Margaret and Eileen are best friends the same way Mordecai and Rigby are. She is close to Eileen and does solids for her all the time in "Do Me A Soild". Margaret and Eileen formerly worked at the coffee shop together. Eileen also watered Margaret's flowers in "Diary". Since Margaret has left the Coffee Shop to persue her dream at Milten University, it is unknown if they have equally balanced their friendship or can contact each other.
Margaret did not seem to interact much with Pops. However, in "Butt Dial," she asks him where Mordecai and Rigby were. She initially found Pops weird, as he referred to her cell phone as the one Mordecai and Rigby got sucked into, when in fact that was literally what happened.
Margaret has only ever interacted with Muscle Man once in "Do Me a Solid" when Eileen, Margaret, and uninvited Muscle Man were having Ice Cream Sandwiches at Mordecai and Rigby's house. Muscle Man said, "Hey ladies, watch what else I can do with my Ice Cream Sandwich!" Disgusted, Margaret tells Mordecai from the other room that she plans on going soon.
The two started interacting with each other in "The Longest Weekend", and they seem to be good friends. Margaret also shows that she doesn't have much patience for Starla's obsession with Muscle Man in the same episode. She, along with Eileen, helped comfort Starla when she was upset that Muscle Man didn't call, text, or email her.
Slasher was formerly Margret's boyfriend, appearing in the episode "Caffeinated Concert Tickets". She got mad at him when he made fun of Mordecai, and it was presumed that she broke up with him eventually.
Chad was a burly guy who was invited by Margaret to have dinner with her, Eileen, and her date during the episode "Cruisin'". The girls brought them along to raise the stakes and further intimidate Mordecai and Rigby on their bet on whether or not they can get girls' phone numbers.
Margaret doesn't interact or phsyically see CJ until almost at the end of "Yes Dude Yes". Her jealousy was revealed after finding out that Mordecai and CJ were seeing each other. They both were slightly seen in Mordecai's imagination in Survival Skills, fighting.
She is first mentioned in "Picking Up Margaret", when she informs Margaret (off-screen, no voice) that she cannot drive her to the airport.
Margaret has a very close relationship with her parents, mostly her father. In "Do Me a Solid", she mentions her father bringing her to play mini-golf when she was a child.
Her phone's password is 'Daddy's Girl' as seen in "Butt Dial."
In Family BBQ it is shown that her dad is very protective of her and her boyfriends, while on the other hand, her mother is calm and polite to them
Margaret spent her Christmas with her parents.
John is Margaret's cousin. They are very close, as she was happy when he got a new leg.
- "Caffeinated Concert Tickets"
- "Mordecai and the Rigbys"
- "It's Time"
- "High Score"
- "Do Me a Solid"
- "Camping Can Be Cool"
- "Butt Dial"
- "Yes Dude Yes"
- "Access Denied"
- "Death Bear"
- "Bad Kiss"
- "Terror Tales of the Park II"
- "TGI Tuesday"
- "The Longest Weekend"
- "Do or Diaper"
- "Picking Up Margaret"
- "Meteor Moves"
- "Family BBQ"
- "Steak Me Amadeus"
Minor or Mentioned
- "Meat Your Maker" (In Mordecai's Imagination)
- "The Unicorns Have Got to Go"
- "Brain Eraser"
- "A Bunch of Baby Ducks"
- "First Day" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Bet to Be Blonde"
- "Slam Dunk"
- "House Rules"
- "Rap It Up" (mentioned)
- "Weekend at Benson's" (Non-speaking cameo)
- "Gut Model" (mentioned)
- "Replaced" (voice only)
- "Trash Boat" (mentioned)
- "Pie Contest"
- "Bald Spot"
- "The Christmas Special" (mentioned)
- "Ace Balthazar Lives"
- "Carter and Briggs" (non-speaking cameo)
- "Sleep Fighter" (mentioned)
- "Laundry Woes"
- "Every Meat Burritos" (mentioned)
- "Survival Skills" (non-speaking cameo)
- "The Thanksgiving Special" (mentioned)
- "New Year's Kiss" (mentioned)
- "Dodge This" (mentioned and flashback)
- "I Like You Hi" (mentioned)
Overall: 45 Appearances
- Margaret's Boss ("House Rules")
- Margaret's Giant Boyfriend ("Brain Eraser")
- Margaret's Diary ("Diary")
- Even though she is introduced in "Caffeinated Concert Tickets ", Mordecai seems to already know her; with it remaining unknown of how they met.
- In "Camping Can Be Cool ", Margaret mentions that she attends a college in the City and also plans to quit her job at the Coffee Shop as soon as she graduates.
- In the same episode, she also mentions that she hasn't had a boyfriend for a while. The last time she has had a boyfriend was in "Mordecai and the Rigbys", although in "Do Me a Solid " she mentioned that she was seeing someone.
- Margaret's car strongly resembles a three door Renault Clio MK1.
- In "Cruisin", "Bald Spot", and "Steak Me Amadeus", she wears the same outfit from "Do Me a Solid".
- Benson refers to her as "the coffee girl" in "Yes Dude Yes ".
- Margaret is shown to be a fan of adventure movies, as seen in the beginning of "Death Bear ".
- In "Pie Contest ", it's revealed that she is horrible at baking pies. Mordecai even states that Margaret's was the worst pie he had ever eaten.
- In "TGI Tuesday ", Margaret blushes and hugs Mordecai's chest, giving evidence that Margaret likes Mordecai back.
- In the same episode, it's revealed that she can speak Spanish.
- Despite being a robin, Margaret more closely resembles a cardinal.
- Though it could be argued that her feathers are red like a male cardinal's, while females' are pale brown.
- Margaret and Mordecai kiss four times in the series so far; the episodes were "Bad Kiss" (beginning only), "Picking Up Margaret", "Meteor Moves", and in "Steak Me Amadeus".
- A toy version of Margaret reveals her age (22).
- It is shown that she likes Fist Pump.
- Like Mordecai, Margaret also sports teeth despite both of them being birds.
- Margaret always has clothes on, there have only been two times that this has not happened, Terror Tales of the Park II (as a baby), and an early image of Regular Show with Mordecai and Rigby playing Rock, Paper, Scissors.
- Additionally, Margaret was originally intended to not wear clothes regularly, much like Mordecai and Rigby. This was later changed during her development.
- It's revealed in "Family BBQ" that her last name is Smith.
- In the episode Steak Me Amadeus, Margaret admits that she felt her relationship with Mordecai was the first one that could have actually gone somewhere.
The gallery for Margaret can be found here.
Main Characters of Regular Show