| This article is under the scope of the Character Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|Occupation:|| Coffee Shop Waitress (formerly)
|Species:|| ½ Robin (mother's side) |
½ Human (father's side)
|Relatives:|| John (cousin) |
Frank Smith (father)
|Voiced by:||Janie Haddad|
|First appearance:||"Caffeinated Concert Tickets"|
|Latest appearance:||"Survival Skills"|
Margaret Smith was one of the main characters in Regular Show. Margaret is a female robin who formerly worked as a waitress at the Coffee Shop with her best friend Eileen, across the street from The Park. Margaret made her debut in "Caffeinated Concert Tickets". Mordecai had a huge crush on her, and frequently found excuses to go to the coffee shop to see her. Margaret seemed to have a crush on Mordecai too, which was proven in "Meteor Moves" and expanded on in later episodes. It is mentioned in "Family BBQ" that her last name is Smith. Margaret is voiced by Janie Haddad.
Margaret is a 22-year-old robin. Her feathers are red and white in color; her beak is curved. She has brownish spots on the sides of her head, which are comma shaped, and a curved hairstyle. When she isn't working, she usually wears jeans and yellow shirts except in "Caffeinated Concert Tickets" and "The Longest Weekend". She may be as tall as Skips.
Her personality can be described as kind-hearted, caring, and overall down-to-earth. She has rarely expressed anger. In "Butt Dial", she became angry after learning that Mordecai tried to remove the embarrassing voicemail he left her by hacking into her phone. Once she heard the voicemail, however, she ended up saving it as her ringtone and forgave Mordecai for taking her phone. She got mad at him once again in "Do or Diaper" upon discovering that her "date" with Mordecai was only for a bet. She somewhat forgives him, whispering in his ear: "Have a nice week, diaper boy." She also got mad at him in "Picking Up Margaret" when she and Mordecai were being chased by the Wickets. However, she ends up thanking him after they make it to the airport on time and alive. Margaret was also shown to be passionate about studying at her dream college in the City, but was uncertain about leaving Mordecai. In various episodes, it was mentioned that she had been working hard in school, indicating the deep importance to her of her career. In "Steak Me Amadeus", she bursts into tears after telling Mordecai that she cannot be his girlfriend. Shortly after, she runs out of the resturant, devastated that she has to leave him.
Mordecai was a good friend of Margaret. In Seasons 1 and 2, they gradually became closer friends until season 3 and 4, when they expressed romantic attraction to one another.
In "Yes Dude Yes", Mordecai became upset when he thought Margaret was engaged to John, who he ended up learning was her cousin. Mordecai then asked Margaret to the movies, forgetting that he had already asked CJ. Near the end of the episode, Margaret showed signs of jealousy, primarily because Mordecai had hung out with and also asked CJ.
In "TGI Tuesday", Margaret showed some signs that she may have feelings for Mordecai. She answered excitedly when Mordecai asked if she wanted to hang out with him, immediately blushing afterwards. She was also embarrassed when she made a mess of her words while talking to Mordecai on the phone. Afterwards, at Margaret's party, Mordecai and Margaret slow dance, with Margaret laying her head on his chest.
In "Picking Up Margaret", Margaret says that she can always trust him, and that he is always there for her, something she can't say about her other friends. The pair share a kiss at the episode, leaving Mordecai dumbfounded and then overjoyed.
In "Meteor Moves", Mordecai planned to kiss Margaret at Makeout Mountain. Mordecai tries to be alone with her, but Rigby and Eileen get in the way, causing Mordecai to tell Rigby to go somewhere else on the mountain with Eileen so that he can be alone with Margaret. Margaret subsequently tells Mordecai that the reason she doesn't want to leave for college is because she would miss him. Mordecai leans in to kiss her, but the meteor shower starts, causing the pair to be pulled into "The Friend Zone" because of Mordecai's hesitation. Mordecai tells the Guardian of the Friend Zone that he has wanted to kiss Margaret for a long time, and the Guardian relents and gives him another chance. Mordecai then shows his true feelings and kisses her, with the Guardian pronouncing them "out of the friend zone". Mordecai and Margaret are then shown holding hands.
In the end of "Steak Me Amadeus", Mordecai asks Margaret to be his girlfriend, but Margaret tells him that she has been accepted into her dream college. She declines Mordecai's offer, leaving the restaurant crying and Mordecai heartbroken.
Margaret rarely interacted directly with Rigby, with one exception being "It's Time", when Rigby makes Margaret laugh and almost manages to go to a movie with her, despite it just being an attempt to make Mordecai admit his jealousy. However, it is otherwise implied that Margaret and Rigby are good friends.
Margaret and Eileen are best friends the same way Mordecai and Rigby are. She is close to Eileen and reveals she does solids for her all the time in "Do Me a Soild". Margaret and Eileen formerly worked at the coffee shop together. Eileen also watered Margaret's flowers in "Diary". Following Margaret leaving the Coffee Shop to study at Milton University, it is unknown if they are still in contact with one another or if they have mantained as strong a friendship.
Margaret did not interact very much with Pops. In "Butt Dial", she asks him where Mordecai and Rigby are. She initially found Pops weird after he referred to her cell phone as the one Mordecai and Rigby "got sucked into" (when in fact that was literally what happened).
Margaret has only ever interacted with Muscle Man once, in "Do Me a Solid". In the episode, Eileen, Margaret, and an uninvited Muscle Man eat ice cream sandwiches at the Park house, prompting Muscle Man to exclaim "Hey ladies, watch what else I can do with my ice cream sandwich!" Margaret then disgustedly tells Mordecai from the other room that she plans on leaving soon.
The two began interacting with each other in "The Longest Weekend", and appeared to be good friends. Margaret also shows that she doesn't have much patience for Starla's obsession with Muscle Man in the same episode. She, along with Eileen, helped comfort Starla when she was upset that Muscle Man didn't call, text, or email her.
Angel was Margaret's first known boyfriend during the series, mentioned in the episode "Mordecai and the Rigbys". This was before Margaret knew Mordecai had a crush on her. It is presumed they broke up.
Slasher was formerly Margaret's boyfriend, appearing in the episode "Caffeinated Concert Tickets". She got mad at him when he made fun of Mordecai and presumably eventually broke up with him.
Chad was a burly guy who was invited by Margaret to have dinner with her, Eileen, and her date during the episode "Cruisin'". The girls brought the guys along to raise the stakes and further intimidate Mordecai and Rigby regarding their bet on whether or not they could get girls' phone numbers.
Margaret does not interact or physically see CJ until the end of "Yes Dude Yes". Her jealousy is revealed after finding out that Mordecai and CJ had been seeing each other. Both were later seen fleetingly in Mordecai's imagination in "Survival Skills", fighting.
Tania is first mentioned in "Picking Up Margaret", when she informs Margaret (off-screen, no voice) that she cannot drive her to the airport.
Margaret has a very close relationship with her parents, mostly her father. In "Do Me a Solid", she mentions that her father used to bring her to play mini-golf when she was a child.
Her phone's password is 'Daddy's Girl', as seen in "Butt Dial".
In "Family BBQ" it is shown that her dad is very protective of her and inherently suspicious of her boyfriends, while on the other hand, her mother is calm and polite to them.
Margaret also spent her Christmas with her parents that year.
John is Margaret's cousin. They are very close, as she was overjoyed when he got a new prosthetic leg.
- "Terror Tales of the Park II"
- "TGI Tuesday"
- "The Longest Weekend"
- "Do or Diaper"
- "Picking Up Margaret"
- "Meteor Moves"
- "Family BBQ"
- "Steak Me Amadeus"
Minor or mentioned
- "Bet to Be Blonde"
- "Slam Dunk"
- "House Rules"
- "Rap It Up" (mentioned)
- "Weekend at Benson's" (non-speaking cameo)
- "Gut Model" (mentioned)
- "Replaced" (voice only)
- "Trash Boat" (mentioned)
- "Pie Contest"
- "Bald Spot"
- "The Christmas Special" (mentioned)
- "Ace Balthazar Lives"
- "Carter and Briggs" (non-speaking cameo)
- "Sleep Fighter" (mentioned)
- "Laundry Woes"
- "Every Meat Burritos" (mentioned)
- "Survival Skills" (non-speaking cameo)
- "The Thanksgiving Special" (mentioned)
- "New Year's Kiss" (mentioned)
- "Dodge This" (mentioned and flashback)
- "I Like You Hi" (mentioned)
Overall: 45 appearances
- Margaret's boss ("House Rules")
- Margaret's giant boyfriend ("Brain Eraser")
- Margaret's diary ("Diary")
- Even though she was introduced in "Caffeinated Concert Tickets", Mordecai seems to already know her; it has not been revealed how they met.
- In "Camping Can Be Cool", Margaret mentions that she attends a college in the City and also plans to quit her job at the Coffee Shop as soon as she graduates.
- In the same episode, she also mentions that she hasn't had a boyfriend for a while. The last time she has had a boyfriend was in "Mordecai and the Rigbys", although in "Do Me a Solid" she mentioned that she was seeing someone.
- Margaret's car strongly resembles a three door Renault Clio MK1.
- In "Cruisin'", "Bald Spot", and "Steak Me Amadeus", she wears the same outfit from "Do Me a Solid".
- Benson refers to her as "the coffee girl" in "Yes Dude Yes".
- Margaret is shown to be a fan of adventure movies, as seen in the beginning of "Death Bear".
- In "Pie Contest", it is revealed that she is horrible at baking pies. Mordecai reluctantly stated that Margaret's was the worst pie he had ever eaten.
- In "TGI Tuesday", Margaret blushes and hugs Mordecai's chest, an early indication of her reciprocating his feelings.
- In the same episode, it is revealed that she can speak Spanish.
- Despite being a robin, Margaret more closely resembles a cardinal.
- Though it could be argued that her feathers are red like a male cardinal's, while females' are pale brown.
- Margaret and Mordecai have kissed four times in the series so far; the episodes are "Bad Kiss" (in the original timeline only), "Picking Up Margaret", "Meteor Moves", and in "Steak Me Amadeus".
- A toy version of Margaret reveals her age (22).
- It is shown that she likes the band Fist Pump.
- Like Mordecai, Margaret also sports teeth despite both of them being birds.
- Margaret always wears clothes, with there only being two occasions she was shown without them: in "Terror Tales of the Park II" when she became a baby, and an early image of Regular Show with Mordecai and Rigby playing Rock, Paper, Scissors.
- Additionally, Margaret was originally intended to not wear clothes regularly, much like Mordecai and Rigby. This was changed later in development.
- It is revealed in "Family BBQ" that her last name is Smith.
- In the episode "Steak Me Amadeus", Margaret admits that she felt her relationship with Mordecai was the first one that could have actually gone somewhere.
The gallery for Margaret can be found here.
Main Characters of Regular Show