| This article is under the scope of the Episode Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|Season 2, Episode 24|
|Premiere date:|| June 13, 2011 (USA)
October 25, 2011 (UK)
|Directed by:||Mike Roth|
"A Bunch of Baby Ducks"
"More Smarter" is the twenty-fourth episode in Season 2 (and thirty-sixth episode overall) of Regular Show. It first aired on June 13, 2011. It received 2.190 million views.
Rigby tries to prove to Mordecai that he can get by without a high school diploma.
Rigby concocts a drink using many random foods and drinks (RigJuice), thinking it will make him successful. Mordecai refuses to drink it, saying that he's not dumb enough to do so, and Rigby says that they both do dumb stuff all the time an the two are like "two peas in a pod." Mordecai says he's definitely smarter than Rigby and it's been that way ever since he dropped out of high school. Benson walks in and asks them if they can solve a math problem that involves building an enclosure for the park's turtles. Rigby struggles at trying to answer it, due to his lack of education, so Benson then goes out to find Skips, while Mordecai teases Rigby for not having a diploma. Rigby, frustrated for not having a diploma, decides to go back to high school. After falling asleep and having a dream that he solved a math problem which would have guaranteed his graduation, he wakes up in a classroom and Rigby's teacher abruptly tells him to leave.
After Rigby gets back to work, he attempts to get a high school diploma online; there, he finds a pop-up ad for a BrainMax drink that makes people smarter. He obtains the formula, disregarding the recommended amount by drinking more than is healthy, getting an intelligence boost, and brags about his new-fangled cranium to Mordecai. Mordecai, jealous, drinks some of the smart juice and they begin drawing mathematical formulas all over the house (using 'tssk tssk' rather than 'hmph hmph') in an effort to prove who is the smartest of the duo.
After drinking more smart juice they begin floating in their own "smart" universe. However, when Rigby goes back to the computer to get his diploma, the duo find that all written English have become unintelligible scribbles to them and all the other characters have become incomprehensible and primitive to them after Benson yells at them to clean up their formulas; because they have consumed so much smart juice, the rest of the world has become stupid to them. Benson, Skips, and Pops see that Mordecai and Rigby start speaking Latin instead of English. They drink Rigby's juice, reversing the effect of the intelligence boost formula successfully, reverting to normal with slight memory loss. Benson walks in and tells them to clean the "graffiti" on the walls or they will die by his hand. Mordecai then gets mad at Rigby for him drinking RigJuice. After Mordecai walks away to clean the graffiti, Rigby then drinks some more of the 'RigJuice' and says, "That's good RigJuice."
- Muscle Man
- Hi Five Ghost
- Brain Max
- Barbaric Versions
- Burger Bros Worker
- The high school in this episode can considered canon.
- This episode provides an eventual foreshadowing for Rigby in Regular Show: The Movie, and in a Season 7 arc of completing high school starting with The Eileen Plan, Hello China, Gymblonski, and Rigby Goes to the Prom, finally ending with the Season 7 finale, Rigby's Graduation Day Special.
- Muscle Man corrects Rigby's titular error of "more smarter" to "more smart", which, while technically grammatically sound, is used far less often than "smarter".
- The translation for Mordecai and Rigby's conversation in Latin (barring some grammatical errors) is:
- Mordecai: "Quārum hī vitiō moriānis?" - "Whose theory (writing, really) is wrong?"
- Rigby: "Moriānis?! Moriānis vestris incipi(v)it rem tōtam." - "Theory?! Your theory started this whole thing!"
- Mordecai: "Et herem facĕre debēre īre stultum." - "And it would have made me the master and the other (that is Rigby) an imbecile."