| This article is under the scope of the Character Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|Occupation:||Owner of the park|
|Species:||Humanoid Alien Lollipop/Lollilander|
|Hair color:||None, formerly white, formely black.|
|Relatives:|| Pops (adopted son)|
Mrs. Maellard (wife)
|Voiced by:||David Ogden Stiers|
|Latest appearance:||"A Regular Epic Final Battle (cameo)"|
Mr. Maellard is a supporting character of Regular Show. He is the owner of The Park, Benson's boss, the adopted father of Pops, and husband of Mrs. Maellard. He has an office on the third story of the House where he is seldom seen. He debuted in the episode "Dizzy". Mr. Maellard is voiced by David Ogden Stiers. He died sometime between Pops' death and the Park's 25-Year Reunion.
Mr. Maellard is also a Lollipop from Lolliland, like his adopted son, Pops. He appears as a squat man with a wrinkled and warped round head, as well as greenish skin (his head slightly resembles the moon). He normally wears a black suit with a dark green scarf and uses a gold-tipped cane to walk with. He also has a brown pipe that is always in his mouth. He tends to be in a bad mood a majority of the time.
He is often shown to be a very greedy businessman who cares little to none about his employees. This is clearly evident with his treatment toward Benson, as in Season 2, when he didn't even call Benson by his name and referred to him as Beanhead, Ball bucket, and Beanton. It is only after the end of the episode Benson Be Gone that he calls him Benson and gives him some appreciation. He almost always blames Benson for the problems that occur in the park even though it is due to the actions of Mordecai and Rigby, under the logic that since he's in charge its his responsibility. He does however show a degree of care and affection to Pops and wants to do whatever he can to help him in certain situations for his son's growth.
- "Brain Eraser" (pictured)
- "New Bro on Campus" (flashback)
- "Terror Tales of the Park IV" (cameo, segment "Unfinished Business")
- "Dumped at the Altar"
- "One Space Day at a Time"
- "Welcome to Space" (cameo, video)
- "The Ice Tape" (video tape)
- A Regular Epic Final Battle (non-speaking)
Mr. Maellard-Themed ContentEdit
- His name appears to be a reference to the Maillard Reaction, a process important to the creation of hard candies such as himself.
- Mr. Maellard used to mispronounce Benson's name as Beancan, Bert, Beanbag, Ball Bucket, Beanton, Bean Teen, and Beanson (both in Dizzy and Benson Be Gone).
- Mr. Maellard is the second family member to appear at the park; the first was Don, Rigby's younger brother.
- He appeared in a few season three episodes, one of which was Skips vs. Technology (in a flashback). Another was Think Positive.
- Mr. Maellard's first name was never revealed.
- He had a wife, who may have died, moved far away from the park, or is divorced with him, due to her never appearing in the present time.
- He is mentioned in Think Positive, as he puts his son, Pops, in charge of The Park when he's not around.
- It was revealed that Mr. Maellard's yelling is worse than Benson's (in Busted Cart). In other words, Mr. Maellard yells more than Benson.
- He pronounced Benson's name correctly in Benson Be Gone, Busted Cart, and Limousine Lunchtime.
- Mr. Maellard is the second-oldest character in the park next to Skips.
- When Mr. Maellard was at a younger age, he was light pink like Pops. At his current age, however, he is light green instead of light pink. Although it was revealed in The Ice Tape that Pops is Mr. Maellard's adoptive son, yet Mr. Maellard himself could be from Lolliland, but isn't actually related to Pops. It could also be possible that Mr. Maellard's parents immigrated from Lolliland and that he was born on Earth, therefore possibly explaining why he was light pink at a younger age.
- Mr. Maellard is at least 153 years old, and when he married his wife, he could have been at least 20 years old.
- He could have been born sometime in 1859.
- It is mentioned by Skips in "Limousine Lunchtime" that Mr. Maellard loves his Limousine almost more than he loves Pops. Although, this may be just an exaggeration by Skips.
- Despite his harshness, he does seem to have a genuine love for his son, which shows that he isn't always a mean person.
- When the park launched into space, he sheds a tear most likely for his son Pops.
- When the park returns from space, he is seen crying after finding out the news about his son's death. He is also seen clearly devastated during Pops' memorial service.
- It was revealed by Benson in Take the Cake that Mr. Maellard does not get surprised very easily.
- Mr. Maellard also admits that he has always wanted to be in a coma by the end of the episode.
- In the ''Ice Tape'', it is revealed that most his wealth comes from selling meteor fragments. It is also shown that he speaks like a stereotype gangster in his youth.
The Power (Part 3)