| This article is under the scope of the Miscellaneous Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
Regular Show (originally titled Normal Show) is an American animated television series created by J.G. Quintel, and produced by Cartoon Network Studios for Cartoon Network. The series originally premiered on September 6, 2010.
Two best friends, a blue jay named Mordecai and a brown raccoon named Rigby, work as groundskeepers at a park, spending their days trying to entertain themselves by perfecting useless skills during work hours or any means necessary, while trying to deal with their by-the-book boss, Benson, a high-tempered gumball machine, they also work with many other strange people, such as Skips, an immortal yeti, Pops, a naïve lollipop gentleman from Lolli-land, Muscle Man, an overweight and green man, who likes to make jokes about his mom, and Hi Five Ghost, a ghost with a hand extending from the top of his head.
When in High School, Mordecai and Rigby wanted to go to "College University" together, but Rigby didn't get in, but Mordecai did. Rigby wanted to get in, so changed Mordecai's acceptance letter to say that he was rejected. So, the two rushed off to finish their Science Teacher's time machine, so they could tell themselves to get better grades, but it went wrong and exploded the science lab, so they were expelled and both unable to go to "College University", so Mordecai went to Art School while Rigby stayed in his dorm, but didn't go to college, therefore did not graduate. Whereas Mordecai did.
For awhile, a goat-intern called Thomas was in the park for "school credits", however, on his last day of his 2-year internship, he was revealed to be a Russian spy who wanted to steal the park, this almost happened, but didn't, as of then, Thomas has been on the run, but has still met up with the park workers a few times, at weddings, parties and other various reasons. Mordecai is the one out of the two who has love drama. He used to have a crush on a robin called Margaret but after she moved to a far-away college, he was depressed for awhile, but got over it, and then got together with a cloud girl called CJ, who he had met previously, however, Margaret returned from college to work at the news and ended up having a few incidents with Mordecai, making Mordecai and CJ break up at Muscle Man's wedding with his wife, Starla.
In the earlier seasons, Rigby used to dislike Eileen, a mole who had a crush on him, however, a couple of months before Muscle Man's wedding, they began to date. When she was revealing "The Eileen Plan" to Mordecai, Rigby and Margaret, which was a plan for her to do before she was 25, which she now sees as a joke, Rigby was upset to hear that Eileen wanted a smart man to marry, so decided to go back to High School, where he had to pass a Science, Foreign Language and Phys. Ed class, so he took up Geology, where you just needed to pass a test and go on a field trip to a cave, Rigby was unable to do any Foreign Languages, so went with Benson to help teach English in China, which his principal still classed as a pass. For his Phys. Ed class, he had a substitute teacher, who was his High School nemesis, Francis Jablonski, who he had a "Food Run" with in order to pass the class.
The episodes usually revolve around the two's personal life such as obtaining concert tickets, getting cake, or making up for a mess they have caused, often leading to highly surreal and unusual events.
- Regular Show consists of some characters from J.G. Quintel's old college films and sketches mashed together in one show.
- Pops, Benson, and Mordecai are the only 3 main characters that are in J.G. Quintel's college films and sketches.
- Regular Show episodes containing violence are rated TV-PG-V.
- This is the first Cartoon Network animated comedy to be rated TV-PG-V.
- Regular Show is the first Cartoon Network original series to begin airing a seventh season.
- It is also the first to get an eighth season, along with Adventure Time.
- According to creator, J.G. Quintel, this presumably takes place in the early 90's.
- Unlike most Cartoon Network shows, this show uses licensed music, like "Forever Young" in "Skips' Story", and "Mississippi Queen" in "Weekend at Benson's".
- English/European Portuguese: Regular Show
- Spanish: Historias Corrientes (Spain)/ Un Show Más (Latin America)
- Hungarian: Parkműsor
- European French: Regular Show
- Polish: Zwyczajny Serial
- Turkish: Sürekli Dizi
- Italian: Regular Show
- Romanian: Un Show obisnuit
- Brazilian Portuguese: Apenas um Show
- Bulgarian: Пaрк шoy (Sometimes known as Обикновено шоу)
- Russian: Обычное Шоу (Sometimes known as Обычный Мультик)
- Mandarin Chinese (Taiwan Ver.): 天兵公園 (Creation of the Park)
- Filipino: Pangkaraniwang na Palabas
- Korean: 레귤러 쇼 (Regular Show)
- Japanese: レギュラーSHOW〜コリない2人〜 (Regyurā shō 〜 kori nai 2-ri 〜, lit Regular Show -2 Without Stiffness-)
- Vietnamese: Chương trình thường nhật (Regular Show)
- Arabic: العرض العادي