|Season 1, Episode 11|
|Premiere date:||November 15, 2010|
|Directed by:||Mike Roth|
"Mordecai and the Rigbys"
Rigby's Body is the eleventh episode of season one of Regular Show, first airing on November 15, 2010. Attracting 1.933 million views worldwide, it stands as the ninth-most viewed season one episode.
Rigby leaves his own body, becoming a bodiless consciousness, after he becomes addicted to the park snacks.
Mordecai and Rigby are working at the snack bar. Mordecai says "This sucks." Rigby thinks the job is cool, but Mordecai thinks it's lame, and they begin to fight and call each other turds. (In the UK and Australia version, they call each other planks.) Soon after, Pops comes and tells them that they can all be turds. He also told them that the food is all free for whoever works there (because he has worked there before). Mordecai and Rigby start eating all of the food, but by the end of the day, they couldn't take much more. Mordecai said that he needs to eat "something healthy, like a salad or something," but Rigby said that all they have to do is eat more and they will feel better, and proceeds to eats a fried shake that makes causes Mordecai to exclaim "Aw, sick!" Rigby responds with the usual "hmph, hmph!" Back at the house, Mordecai eats a salad and says he feels much better, but Rigby continues to eat more junk food. Mordecai warns him that if he keeps on eating more junk food his body going to quit on him. Rigby ignores him, though, and tries to eat a doughnut. Rigby on the floor, is going to eat the doughnut again, but his arms and body begin moving without his control, and proceed to pull his "consciousness" out of his raccoon body. Rigby's consciousness looks like green slime, but with his eyes & mouth. Rigby begs his body to let him back in, but his body pushes him and storms away. When Rigby tries to chase it, he lands in the trash bucket. The next morning, Mordecai finds Rigby's consciousness in the bucket; Rigby is still trying to convince Mordecai that he was right the whole time, and that eating more junk food really did help. Mordecai goes to Skips for help; Skips agrees to help (as usual), but says if they don't find Rigby's body and rejoin it before sunset, Rigby will be a bodiless consciousness forever. Skips tells Rigby to stay put. After Mordecai and Skips leave, though, Rigby attaches a roller skate to his trash bucket, as a substitute for a body.
Skips and Mordecai find Rigby's body not too far away, eating a salad on the grass. Just when they are ready to ambush it, though, Rigby's consciousness sneaks up behind them, causing to scare his body away. Mordecai gets angry, because he had told Rigby to stay put. After Skips and Mordecai left to continue to look for the body, Rigby decided he wanted some snacks. At the snack bar, Muscle Man says "This sucks." When Rigby gets to the snack bar, he sees Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost working, and demands snacks from them. Upon seeing the consciousness, Muscle Man exclaims that this creature looks like a bucket of diarrhea. The two think the creature has stolen Rigby's voice, and now wants their voices too. When Mordecai later asks Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost if they seen Rigby, they say that they have seen a magic garbage can. Just at that moment, Mordecai realizes Rigby is being thrown into a garbage truck.
In the garbage truck, Rigby meets another consciousness, using in the form of a basketball. He tells Rigby that his body gave up on him for working out too hard. When Rigby tells the former bodybuilder that his body is still good, then he says if Rigby doesn't want it, he'll take it, and proceeds to runs off. Rigby tries to chase him, but trips, falls, and starts to cry. Just then, Mordecai finds Rigby. Rigby tells Mordecai that he was sorry for acting like a loser. He says that Mordecai was right and he was wrong, and begs him to help him get his body back. Mordecai agrees to help him, and says that even if they fail they always got the roller bucket. Mordecai contacts Skips via walkie talkie to let him know he found Rigby's consciousness. Skips says that is good, but to come back quick, because that they have a problem. We see the former bodybuilder from before trying to lift weights in Rigby's body, proceeding to slap Rigby's body for being weak. Upon seeing him, Rigby demanded that he give him back his body, but the guy told him "finders keepers." "We tried it the nice way, now we do it, the Skips way," Skips told the bodybuilder, and the three begin to chase him. They eventually get on the golf cart with Pops; Rigby jumps on the former bodybuilder and start to fight him, but then they both fall over the cliff. Rigby's consciousness and the former bodybuilder both fight over the raccoon's body. Eventually, Rigby gets thrown onto Skips' face, and Rigby's body is hit with the golf cart. This causes the bodybuilder's consciousness to get ejected, and attach itself to a slide on a nearby playground, where a fat little boy proceeds to slide over him. "Aw, my mouth was open," the former bodybuilder exclaimed. Rigby was happy he got his body back, but Mordecai asks him if he still wants it (because it got hit by the cart, and has a visible tire track over his back). Skips tells Rigby to that it's almost sunset, and Rigby goes back to his tattered body. He rejoins with the body; when Mordecai asks him how he feels, and Rigby starts screaming. Rigby (now in a cast and a wheelchair) told Mordecai that he was right about the snack bar being lame now that they can't eat the free snacks. But Mordecai tells him that the snacks weren't free (it turned out that only Pops only gets the snacks for free because basically he is the heir to the park) and that they have to work at the snack bar for six months for eating all the food, much to Rigby's dismay. Rigby then gets upset, and exclaims “Aww, turds.”
- This the second time Hi Five Ghost talks. (First time was in Just Set Up The Chairs; he just says "Yes! Uh!" in unison with Muscle Man.)
- After Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost abandon the snack bar, Rigby trips over a rock; but, when Mordecai looks for him, he's not in the spot where he fell, although it may have been that he crawled out of his spot.
- Benson does not show up in this episode, which is the first time he is absent.
- Muscle Man was supposedly fired in Don, but appears working in the snack bar in this episode, alongside Hi Five Ghost; it's possible that this is his punishment for his immature behavior, or he was hired back because the Park possibly didn't have enough workers.
- Mordecai makes a Twinkie Wiener Sandwich from in the 1989 "Weird Al" Yankovic movie UHF, which is a hot dog with cheese spray.
- After this episode, Hi Five Ghost disappears from the show until the episode "Appreciation Day".
- Cartoon Network UK thought 'turd' was offensive so they asked Sam, J.G, and William to re-record their voices. This version is more accurate, as Rigby, Pops, and Mordecai's lips match "plank" more than 'turd', although 'turd' is still said on High Score in the UK. They also changed 'turd' to 'plank' in "My Mom".
- The dark rings around Rigby's eyes are absent on the body when not in use and when used by the Bodybuilder. This is probably be because the Bodybuilder is a human instead of a racoon.
- Pops is allowed free Snack Bar snacks, probably because he is the son of the park's owner; however, Mr. Maellard complained that snacks were disappearing from the snack bar as a financial issue in the episode Benson Be Gone, so that could mean Mr. Maellard still has to pay for the snacks that Pops eats.
- When Mordecai sees Rigby in the garbage can, he shouts"Ah Sick!'. When he says this, the blue around his eyes turn white. This probably happens when he's shocked, as shown in Appreciation Day when it happened again.
- Running Gag: Rigby tells everyone to put cheese or food inside his can of trash.
- As Skips said, if Rigby didn't get his body back before sunset he would be bodiless forever. The Bodybuilder said he didn't get his back in time, but he was able to go into Rigby's body.
The gallery for Rigby's Body can be viewed here.