| This article is under the scope of the Episode Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|"Terror Tales of the Park IV"|
|Season 6, Episode 4|
|Premiere date:|| October 29, 2014 (US)
October 27, 2015 (UK)
"The End of Muscle Man"
"Terror Tales of the Park IV" is the fourth installment in the "Terror Tales of the Park" Halloween special series and is the fourth episode in Season 6 (and the one-hundred and fifty-seventh episode overall) of Regular Show. It first aired on October 29, 2014.
Mordecai, Rigby, and the gang decide to visit Muscle Man’s mother on Halloween. On the way to her residence the group tells ghost stories, including one where Mordecai and Rigby die and return to haunt Benson.
The Hole: Pops must be sacrificed to a sacred hole but tries to get them to think of another way.
Unfinished Business: After Mordecai and Rigby die, Benson must fire Mordecai and Rigby to get them to stop haunting the house.
Scary Movie Night: Mordecai, Rigby, Eileen and CJ get stuck in a horror film Rigby bought and must survive it until the end of the movie.
Muscle Man tries to scare off two children who come to the house trick or treating but fails to do so with his mask on but as soon as he removes his mask, the children get scared and run away screaming. Muscle Man then enters the house and tells the park workers that there will be no more trick or treaters. Benson then asks fellow park workers what they want to do. Muscle Man suggests telling scary stories. Mordecai says that they do that every year and then Rigby suggests that they should do something really scary. After a couple guesses (Skips: Rent a few genre films, Pops: Go to bed early), he suggests going to haunted house, commenting, "Those are the scariest" to which Muscle Man replies, "You know who else is the scariest? MY MOM." Everyone is annoyed with Muscle Man making another "My Mom" joke, but they soon realize that none of them (not even Hi Five Ghost) have even met her. So, they finish the rest of their Halloween night traveling all the way to Mrs. Sorrenstein's home to meet her, though they're forced to tell scary stories while they go there or Muscle Man won't introduce them to her. As Muscle Man drives the crew, Pops volunteers to tell the first story...
The Hole Edit
There's a hole. People die. The End.
Interlude 1 Edit
After the ending, Muscle Man is not satisfied with the result and threatens to turn the car around. Not willing to accept that, Benson begins to tell a scary story he had come up with...
Unfinished Business Edit
Interlude 2 Edit
By the end, the Park workers aren't too thrilled with the ending as it was too expected. Soon, they eventually arrive at a trailer park where Muscle Man's mother lives. They then head to the top of the hill, where her trailer's supposed to be. As they are all hiking their way up, Muscle Man annoys everyone (except Fives) with yet another "My Mom" joke. Rigby decides to help pass the time by telling the third and final scary story...
Scary Movie Night Edit
- Muscle Man
- Hi-Five Ghost
- Ghost Mordecai
- Ghost Rigby
- The Hole
- School Girl Villain
- Muscle Man's Mom
- John Sorrenstein
- Dale Sanders
- Executive #1
- Exexutive #2
- School Girls
- Thomas (cameo)
- Mr. Maellard
- Ball Lightning
- This episode aired 8 days after Dish Network dropped Cartoon Network, and all of the other Turner Broadcasting owned channels (Except for TNT and TBS.)
- Thomas has two cameos as a skeleton in The Hole and as a guest at Mordecai and Rigby's funeral in Unfinished Business; both scenarios involve him having no lines.
- Apparently, Benson actually has a cat.
- CJ and Eileen only appear in Scary Movie Night.
- During the scene where Mordecai, Rigby, CJ, and Eileen makes it to the credits of the movie, the names they see in the credits are actually the names of the people who work on show.
- In this Halloween special, the park workers are not wearing costumes. This does not include the solar system planet costumes worn in Pop's story or the monster mask Muscle Man wore to scare trick-or-treaters.
- Goof: Mordecai, Rigby and Muscle Man all switch positions between being at light switches on the wall to standing near the couch where everyone else is. The light switches are far away from the couch.
- Goof: When everyone was frightened by Muscle Man's Mom, Muscle Bro's moustache disappeared.
- There was a cut scene at the beginning of the episode where Thomas was originally with the rest of the park staff. After Muscle Man said they were done giving out candy, Thomas leaves saying he's going to a party at his dorm and invites the park staff, but Mordecai declines saying that they're all adults and Thomas leaves without saying a word.
- Sarah Oleksyk originally pitched some ideas in "Scary Movie Night" that was changed due to being dark.
- The Barber originally kills Wyatt by removing his scalp. Then the Barber grabs Mordecai to kill him but Mordecai fights back but the Barber brings out a bigger pair of scissors and uses it to cut Mordecai's head off. Mordecai instructs CJ to uses his body to break the window for them to escape and then dies. This was changed to the group leaving through a door they failed to notice.
- When the gang makes it to the Japanese horror portion, Rigby, CJ, and Eileen meets a girl named Kimiko and she tries to get them out of her village while a girl with black eyes chases them.
- After making it to the credits, Ball Lightning appears and electrocutes CJ's entire body which dissolves her leaving her charred boots remains.
- In the actual episode, Ball Lightning still chars her boots as it strikes, but CJ manages to jump out of her boots just in time and it leaves her barefoot until the group escaped the movie.
- CJ's boots are revealed to be weather-resistant, as stated by Eileen.
- After Eileen gets electrocuted, Rigby and Eileen make it out of the movie and after Eileen said, "Well that was a... shocking development.", she dies in Rigby's arms and Rigby curses the Triple Threat tape.
- In the episode, she is shocked but continues on.
- Rigby curses Ball Lightning after it fuses everyone's butt cheeks together
- After Rigby finishes his story, Skips said it was dark instead of uncomfortable.
- When Muscle Man's mom said "Happy Halloween", the camera zooms into her mouth instead of her removing her costume.
- The plot in "The Hole" is similar to "The Lottery" written by Shirley Jackson.
- The pit seen in "The Hole" is similar to the Sarlacc in "Return of the Jedi"
- Benson's story could be a reference to The Sixth Sense.
- ↑ http://tobyjones.tumblr.com/post/101298389151/dug-up-some-thumbnails-of-a-fun-cut-scene-from
- ↑ http://www.scribd.com/doc/245014260/Terror-Tales-Of-The-Park-IV-Sarah-Oleksyk-11-12-13