The Maximum Glove is an object that is seen in the episode, "Video Game Wizards". It is a prototype video game controller which is worn on the hand that is used to steer in a racing game. Mordecai and Rigby entered a video game tournament to attempt to win it, but is useless as the controller doesn't work properly when used.
It's a rather large gray metallic glove. It has six white buttons, two red buttons, and a black D pad.
- It is a reference to the "Power Glove", a similarly inaccurate motion control for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The Power Glove was from the 1980s, the decade that creator, J.G. Quintel, was born in and is frequently referenced in the show.
- In order to use it, one must type in a specific code.
- In the commercial for the object, it is shown to be very accurate and follows directions to where the arm is pointing, but, in Regular Show's reality, it didn't move directions and follow where the hand was going. This is called false advertising in order for people to buy the object. This is also a reference to the real Power Glove's unreliability.
- It also bears a resemblance to the Fists of Justice weapons.
- Another reference to the Power Glove is when the actor said "It's so bad!" as a reference to The Wizard.
- It is also a possible reference to the "Gauntlet of the Hero Billy" from Adventure Time, another Cartoon Network animated series.
- In the ad, the person says the glove is bad, which means the glove doesn't work.