| This article is under the scope of the Miscellaneous Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
United Kingdom makes many edits to Regular Show episodes containing close-to-cussing words, such as "turd".
Most episodes that use the term 'crap' are changed to 'crud', except for some exceptions listed below.
Three episodes that use the terms 'piss' or 'pissed' are changed to 'miffed', 'ballistic' or 'ticked'.
All episodes that use the term 'moron' are changed to 'idiot', except for some execeptions listed below.
Edits of this sort are commonplace in the UK on most television channels, with a recent poll by YouGov suggesting that language restrictions should be tightest for children's and family television. It can be seen here. . The British watershed is at 9:00pm, and even though Cartoon Network is 24-hour in the UK and could easily air unedited versions, it rarely shows Reguar Show at all beyond this time, as any children's programme with language such as 'c--p' is seen as distasteful, this attitude is illustrated perfectly when a BBC Cebebies programme (full article here) aired with slang Caribbean language.
At an interesting note, when the Latin American episodes are changed to English, you can hear and see the UK edits. Go to this website you can hear the UK Edits and see the Latin American Edits http://eng.cartoonnetworkla.com/#/video/1_vo50kd6c/ The Power UK Edits/Latin American Edits
In showings of the pilot on the UK Cartoon Network website, when Benson tells Mordecai and Rigby they will be fired in the ending, "fired" is replaced with 'grounded'. The episode "First Day", however, uses the original word.
- Rigby's line, "Now, how in the 'H' are we going to fix this 'S'?" is changed to "Now how in the 'H' are we going to fix this hole?"
- The Wizard urinating in the bushes is sped up.
- The line, "Don't look at our crotches while we synchronize our watches" is cut out of Mordecai and Rigby's song to Skips.
- Interestingly, on early UK commercials for the show, the announcer would state "Synchronize your watches, Regular Show is back!" This is odd considering the fact that UK viewers would not understand the reference due to the edit in the episode.
- Rigby's line, "But he's gonna be pissed" is changed to "But he's gonna be miffed."
Just Set Up the Chairs
- Rigby's line, "Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs!" is changed to "Benson's gonna drop his gumballs when he sees how good we set up these chairs!"
Caffeinated Concert Tickets
- The line "...and ready to rock your 11-15 year old pants off!" is changed to "...and ready to rock your 11-15 year old jeans off!"
- All lines mentioning "lady pecs" are cut out entirely.
- "My pepperonis are roastin' down here!" is changed to "My chest hairs are roastin' down here!".
- On some airings, the original line is kept.
- The part of the flashback montage that shows Mordecai kicking Rigby in the crotch was removed; they took the scene of Mordecai punching Rigby from the beginning of the episode and put that in the offending scene's place.
- "Benson's gonna be pissed" was changed to "Benson's gonna go ballistic."
- Later airings of the episode have "be ticked" in replace of "go ballistic."
- The 'naked party' scene was cut by ending the scene with Muscle Man saying "Skips is gonna be surprised." The zipping sound effects are also edited out.
Meat Your Maker
- 'Pissed' was changed to 'ticked' ("You ticked me off")
- Rigby's line "While you were dead, I found these talking hot dogs.". was changed to "While you were unconscious, I found these talking hot dogs.".
Grilled Cheese Deluxe
USA: October 18, 2010
UK: April 4, 2011
- The UK version of "Ostrich Thing With the Balls" cut off after the ostrich swung the bat.
The Unicorns Have Got to Go
USA: October 25, 2010
- The unicorns' "lady flashbacks" were cut.
- "You Morons" was yet again changed to "You Idiots".
- Rigby says "I don't want your stupid sugar!" instead of "I don't want your freaking sugar!"
- "Crap!" was changed to "Crud!"
- Whenever the word "turd" is used, it is changed to "plank".
Mordecai and the Rigbys
- "Holy Crap!" was changed to "Holy Crud!"
- When Mordecai shouts "Holy crap, it's real!" it's changed to "Oh man, dude, it's real!".
- Mordecai says "You're screaming like a flippin' maniac!" instead of "You're screaming like a friggin' maniac!"
- The Pajama Sisters 2 video is not shown, and the website only shows "Pajama Sisters 2 sucks".
- However, on the Cartoon Network blog, in one post, it includes Pajama Sisters 2 and a screenshot of the video.
- "Crap" was changed to "Crud".
- When Rigby calls Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost turds, 'turds' is changed to 'planks'.
- "I knew I couldn't trust you morons" was changed to "I knew I couldn't trust you idiots"
- Muscle Man's line, "It takes guests with breasts and mine don't count", was changed to "It takes guests with chicks, and my mom doesn't count".
- The scene of Party Pete crotch-trusting when he showed up at the door is changed to a close-up shot of him tapping his foot.
- There is a scene where you can see a line down below on Pops being naked, but in the UK it is not seen.
- The scene of the muscular redneck biker playing a harmonica by putting in between his buttcheeks and farting into it was replaced with a newly animated scene in which the biker plays a kazoo by shoving it up his nose.
Really Real Wrestling
- The second manager's line "What, do you think I'm a moron?" has "moron" changed to "dummy".
The Night Owl
- Muscle Man's line "I can't wait to shove my key into that!" was changed to "I can't wait to peel donuts into that!"
Over the Top
- The scene of Death reviving Rigby by spitting in his mouth is changed to Death firing a laser at him with his finger.
- The first scene with Rigby in the hospital is cut.
- All references to the restaurant name "McHooligan's" are cut: the establishing shot of McHooligan's has the name digitally removed, and Muscle Man's line, "McHooligan's, round two!" was changed to "Family restaurant, round two!"
- Hi Five Ghost's line "Shotgun!" was cut.
Terror Tales of the Park
- When aired regularly, only "Creepy Doll" and "Death Metal Crash Pit" are shown. The full special was shown on October 31 which included "In the House".
In The House
- Muscle Man skinned was cut.
- Mordecai and Skips getting splattered and Benson and Pops freaking out was cut.
- Mordecai getting thrown onto the Bookshelf was cut.
- The shot of Margaret's butt on the bicycle is changed so that she has tailfeathers and the shot is more focused on her face.
- The episode title has been cut out for an unknown reason.
Yes Dude Yes
- When the episode first aired, Margaret did not say "Yes, dude, yes".
Dead at Eight
- Muscle Man saying "You better get that kid to bed, or I'll haunt you turds for the rest of your life!" was changed to "You better get that plank to bed, I'll haunt you planks for the rest of your life!"
Out of Commission
- Mordecai saying "let's go get him", was replaced with Benson saying "Did you get all that?"
- The car and cart doing something strange scene was cut.
- Rigby saying "Wapoosh!" changed to "Wehizap!"
- Rigby saying "Yeah, your friend without benefits". was changed to "Yeah, your friend that will never become more than a friend!"
The Best VHS in The World
- Any instances of Mordecai and Rigby's thumbs being broken is changed to their faces being punched.
- Benson referring to balls dropping is cut.
- In the Flashback, Muscle Man skinned alive in In The House was changed to him about to throw a brick in Death Metal Crash Pit.
The Christmas Special
- The bullets in Santa's chest were removed.
- Rigby laughing and getting punched is cut.
- Benson crotch-thrusting was cut.